Cathedral Church of St. James – Toronto, Ontario
Designed by architect Frederick William Cumberland, the Cathedral Church of St. James is a beautiful example Gothic Revival architecture. Construction occurred between 1850 and 1853, bringing to life one of the largest buildings in the city at the time.
Restoration on this significant structure included the cutting and carving of an impressive 18’ pinnacle prominently displayed at the entrance of the western transept.
Credit: John-Philippe Smith while at CRS
Client: DJ McRae Contracting